First off, once you finish your last final, treat yourself to something nice: a DQ Blizzard, a movie, a nap, a night with friends, whatever makes you happy. After that, consider trying some of these things over the break!
- Take a Trip – to visit family, if you can, or at least somewhere memorable.
- Buy your textbooks for next semester as early as possible – beat the rush so that you can get the used/rental copies instead of buying them new.
- Read that book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Go see The Hobbit in theaters – I really liked it, at least.
- Hint: If you see any movie before noon at AMC, it is only $5!!
- Get started on your job hunt, especially if you graduate in May, because it will be more difficult once school starts again.
- Go see the classic Broadway Musical Les Miserables starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway as it hits theaters Christmas Day.
- Prepare for next semester before the first day of classes.
- Take a lazy day to just do whatever you want – everyone needs one of these now and again.
- Spend some one-on-one time with someone that looks up to you (i.e. younger sibling, niece/nephew, son/daughter). They’ll remember it, trust me.
- Write a letter or call someone you haven’t seen in a while (old friend, neighbor, etc.) to catch up on how their doing.
- Find a cause and make a difference!
- Start a new hobby!
- Write out some goals for the New Year – but don’t forget about them this time!
Well, I hope that you’ve had fun reading the blog this semester–I know I’ve had fun contributing to it. Have a great break! Make the most of it!